Soldier of Pain Soldier of Pain

Slick looking, flawed gameplay

Very nice looking! Some very good features... but the gameplay kinda ruins it.

As stated before, the fact that the superhero guy stops to reload in the middle of a gunfight is just silly... may i suggest that you update the game and give it a simple clicking noise and let the player decide himself when to reload.

I liked the fact that the guys goes down when you hit them... though i would've liked to see some variations. It looks silly that even though you hit them, they don't move and the bullet disappears (which i take means that you miss) Another suggestion is to make an angel which the bullet flies off when you miss, so it looks a bit less silly...

Other than that... i must say you are really on to something!

Ninchi Ninchi

Stupid...

I'm a big fan of constructive critisism... and what I can say is... start over

The Napoleonic Retreat The Napoleonic Retreat

Good game... but unplayable

In my opinion, this game had everything in its grasp to become a good game. It had graphics, it had the music, the sound, and the innovative shooting system. Yet because of the insanely slow walking pace on the player, it becomes completely unplayable.
Therefore the very low score. If the slowness was fixed, the game WOULD be playable, and WOULD be a sure 8 in my book,

gogo Happy & Smile gogo Happy & Smile

Stunning! Simply stunning!

Completely flawless game, dead-hard, with music which fits the game so good, (and yet, it's so off). The controls are great, the fighting and shooting is dynamic, and the foes react differently towards what you do to them. I don't care if this resembles Alien Hominid, its one of the best action games on newgrounds that I have ever played!

Factory of Fear Factory of Fear

Good start... a bit flawed execution

I am still waiting in dire for a really good ghost game. A game that doesn't have to use action sequences to be challenging and without a great green monster for a last boss. Unfortunatly, there hasn't been anyone lately. This is a good start for such a movie, but it still (except for the brilliant atmosphere) lacks the main ingredients for a good game.

Those ingredients... in my honest opinion is...

Good Story... This was standard ghost story stuff, a man going insane from evil spirits, eventually killing himself... nothing we haven't heard or seen for quite some time

Atmosphere... you did a great job here, with the dark corners and eerie music, and ghosts showing up now and then.

Challenging and engaging puzzles... there was one safe-puzzle, and one key-puzzle... again, nothing we've never seen or done two thousand times before.

There's also a couple more things i like to point out. First of all, there's very little in this building to actually point out that it is a factory... You can combine this with perhaps a factory puzzle... getting wheels on a machine going or something...

There's also quite little buildup, you get what you expect, a game that starts with a bang, and ends with a fuzz. It's scary in the start, but after the ghosts have popped up, there's not really anything more. Granted, at the end a strange thing shows up and kills you, and if that wasn't the end, i don't know how to get through it anyway.
If someone were to make an excellent spooky-game, it would start slow, perhaps someone would even say it would be boring, and slowly, but creepily build up the tension.... perhaps with an occasional "did i just see something" movement or changes in the scene, without any sound, then moving towards a completely mind-boogingly good ending, however that would be...

I think you absolutely have the potential, so keep working, i'm sure you'll get there

this rates 7 out of ten... mostly because of the graphics and the atmosphere... the poor interactivity and few game-elements pulls it down a bit.

Bat-Company responds:

Thanks for the tips, I'll keep them in mind in the future!

the ugly the ugly

Good thought, bad execution

I am a fan of these walk-around in seemingly deserted buildings and do stuff, and of course, i was a bit hopefull to this, but there's too many flaws to it. First of all, there's too much trial and error. Who decides the logic that the killer instantly responds to a phone beep, but not turning on a faucet? Unless of course the beep was quite loud. Another thing is the navigation. You should have more clearly shown the player where they can walk. Especially the last part after you unlock the door. Its quite hard to see that there's another way in there, and that shouldn't be necesary at all. I had at least one problem with all my choices being removed, and me having to restart the game (the intro should have a skip-intro button by the way)

And to the perhaps worst part of the game, the story. Allright, in real life perhaps one would have been so unlucky to get a visit from a serial killer who just happened to be nearby. But in a game, its usually a nice curtisy to add a kind of explaining story to it, at least make it a little bit less incidental that a maniac happened to escape or get released nearby (both are illogical, dangerous inmates are kept highly secure, and dangerous inmates doesn't come out). There's also logical flaws as to why the sex-crazy maniacal killer took the time to rip the father's head off and stuff a key in it.

There's a couple of things i did like, however, the fact that you had to gradually understand that there was someone dead in the bathroom, and that way being able to not scream at the head.
You're on your way on creating good point and click games, but you should have a more make-sense story, better navigation, and perhaps a couple of inventory-oriented puzzles.

Super WalkLand Super WalkLand

Relies too much on graphics

First off all, let me say that the graphics are excellent! they are. Unfortunatly most of the rest isn't...
The controls are standard though the running mechanism is stupid. Because you start to run automatically after a while, It makes everything much harder, i had to stop pressing now and then so i could succesfully hit the right ladder, or avoid jumping right into an enemy.
The weapon system (grenade or sword) is also quite useless, i only experienced one spot where grenades was actually useful, and that was quite far from the dispenser. Grenades should really be an accessory.
The sounds and music... wow... when promoting for a walk-man (a music player) you should think that it would contain varied and funky tunes that alone makes you want to play. No such luck, there's ony looped music that isn't too annoying the first level, but becomes really tedious after a while. The sounds are completely... not there...

Really man, You blew it when using this as promotion for a walk-man, relying too much on graphics, and too little on everything else. The game simply wasn't walk-man-ish... and so i don't think this helped any for Sony's sale.

I gotta admit, i liked the whole music underworld thingy, though.

CSI: Mind Prison CSI: Mind Prison

Game...? Movie...? Interactive Click-o-matic?

I'm not sure where to start on this flash. First of all, you've fallen in the same trap as the first (and possible later) c.s.i games... First of all, you don't leave much of the determination up to the player... there's always the "voice" of Nick in the background telling you what to do. The game-play is incredibly linear, some places i couldn't even decide where to go, because i had to finish the part of what i was doing.

Third, When making a c.s.i game, you got to put the entireability in it. Good graphics is one thing, a good story is another thing. This story was not in the c.s.i-stylique turn-twisting who-does-what? It was completely straightforward with two dead bodies and one living... Guess who the killer is?

Its a well effort try, which fails miserably on the straight gameplay and style sense, but of course, the usually good graphics makes it all a bit worthwile, and with some tweaking and scriptwriting at first, i'm sure you can make a good story to it aswell.

PS: You should add a skip button to the intro sequence aswell.

BUMs: Back to School BUMs: Back to School

Great game, great concept, but the mechanism flaws

Liked the game, and i liked the premise, but the mechanism in the game is flawed. It needs to be tweaked to become a lot more easy. A hard game is allright, of course, but not when the hardship is that you hardly can jump over a rat. A great start, though.

LiLg responds:

the only thing i can say is u need more practice cuz after w hile of playing ya just can zoom through the levels.. i promise :)

Magnetism Magnetism

You are a sick and saddistic soul!

And this game proves it, with it frustrating strees-inducing, abdominal wound creating, brain twitching game. Great game though